Across the Bay

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Holiday Blogging (or lack thereof!)

I am currently abroad with family, so the blogging will be light if not at a complete halt till after the new year. I mean, seriously, I have no interest in getting a divorce for blowing the break on blogging! I'm sure you'll understand!

However, don't touch that dial! I will be back with responses to some questions and remarks in the comments. Also, I will be back with my two advertised posts on William Dalrymple's NYRB review essay "The Truth about Muslims" (which will include a review of his book "From the Holy Mountain" as well as a lengthy discussion of the role of Eastern Christians and their relations with Islam) and another post on Phoenicianism, which will be based around an old piece by Peter Speetjens in the DS, which I will use as a lauching base for some remarks on this issue. My remarks will include a discussion of Asher Kaufmann's excellent new book "Phoenicianism." Someone left a note about Franck Salameh's Brandeis dissertation on the subject, but unfortunately, I don't have access to it, though I hope to read it sometime soon.

I know I've been advertising those for a while, but I never got the chance to finish them. I do work you know!

So, I ask all the newcomers to please be back, and for now, happy holidays, and I'll see you around!